Blog Viewers

Ijumaa, 21 Machi 2014

School to School project at Dubnany and Ratiskovice

At 7 in the evening, Me Eliska and her sister we left Brno for Morkuvky where I had to spend a night in Romano´s and his family. They are such friendly and good caring family.

I slept late as we were preparing animals presentation for small children in Ratiskovice kindergaten. The next day I had to wake up at 06:30 ready to leave the house at 07:00 but the sun was already shining at 06:20.
With Eliska We drove for about 30km to Ratiskovice school. Jana, The headteacher of the school is very dramatic and funny. When she came in the office and found us she said: " You are early" and her colleague who was offering us tea told me: "The storm has arrived"
I enjoyed my visit at this school, Welcoming and happy teachers and students

First presentation had so many students but was without projector, when time was up we moved to another room which has a defferent type of projector. We had maximum of 30 minutes for every next 2 presentations. They all went well with many jokes and funny moments especially with the headteacher around

From there we went to Dubnany a partner school of Galula Primary School.
Wooow so it was Chris on TV and now he is in our school....,one of the students said.
Here it was much more exiciting, students were much more cooperating and were asking questions in English.

This school is well equipped with sport equipments and learning materials. They have  classes for music, Language(Russian,English and German), artwork and computers,Play grounds for atleast all sports
After presentation and school tour I took a time to pick up my old days of painting by drawing a picture for one student named Veronika

Then we were invited for a lunch. Where we had a little chat, the headteacher expressed her feelings by wishing to have students exchange program where European students should go to Africa for a short term and learn how it is there because she believe African students are much more disciplined...She is right

At 14:00 we were supposed to be at Ratiskovice kindergarten, the school which is supporting Kajunjumele Nursery in Mahango.

This school has very small kids. I was here in 2012 with Ondrej Horecky and some kids were afraid of me. There was a big poster of Michael Jordan dunking on the wall, I had a question from the poster that why do they afraid of me while they have a huge picture of a blackman in their room? One said; This is a picture but you are real. I understood that they are just kids so I didn´t mind.

It is 2014, Im back again in this school,now kids are not afraid of me anymore. They showed me a Czech traditional dance, it was good perfomance for the kids

Here my presentation was without projector as they dont have one. I used a laptop but still  kids were happy.

"Please come back again",one kid said as I finished my presentation
"Ofcourse,I will" I replied

Many places where I do my presentations people think I´m a teacher. I asked  Eliska why, She said I have good communication and coperation with the audience.

Well I got news for you, I´m not a teacher, I studied IT, Business management and business law so may be I was just born lucky

Hakuna maoni:

Chapisha Maoni